Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Rare Pairs

Every once in a while, you fall in love with a ship that it feels like no one else ships. Rare pairs are the bane of the existence of every shipper. There's little to no fanfic for them, and no one to talk about them with. I have had the joy and the pain of falling in love with several rare pairs. Here are a few of my favorites.

Echo/Claire Saunders-Whiskey

credit to thisseamonkey on tumblr


I'll admit, part of this ship for me is the joy of shipping character's played by Amy Acker and Eliza Dusku together. They're both women who would have chemistry with a paper bag. We got this one moment hinting at something between them on an engagement, and then BOOM, nothing ever again. Dr. Saunders was, like Echo, one of the only moral characters on Dollhouse. She truly cared for the dolls, even before she realized things. She and Echo had so much in common - Whiskey was number one once. They're both going through journeys of identity. Also - Claire Saunders would have been an infinitely better love interest for Echo than Paul friggen Ballart.

Amanda Rosewater/Jessica Berlin Rainer

credit to josscarters on tumblr
Defiance is one of my favorite shows. It's got canon femslash, and LOADS of subtext. I had any number of ships to choose from here (Amanda/Stahma, Irisa/Berlin, Yewll/Amanda, Stahma/Christie),  but Amanda/Berlin is definitely my favorite. Amanda and Berlin are both Hot Bitches in Charge. They take no shit from people. But with each other, they smile. And they get shit done. Together they are a force to be reckoned with. 

Bo and Kenzi

credit to alex-danverrs on tumblr

Here's where you learn that I am trash. I ship Bo and Kenzi. Yes, Bo and Kenzi, the holy and platonic gal pals of best friendship. Kenzi and Bo build their whole lives around each other. They are the most important relationship in each other's life. Kenzi is Bo's heart. She keeps her grounded. She keeps her sane. Maybe I just ship this in an alternate universe where Kenzi isn't straight, but I definitely ship it.


What's your favorite femslash rare pair? 







No comments:

Post a Comment